New protocols for Port Royal Animal Hospital: COVID 19 Phase 3 Re-opening!
We are now moving into Phase 3 of COVID Reopening: As of June 14th, 2021, we are permitted to allow 1 client to accompany their pet into the consultation room!
In addition, a maximum of 2 customers will be permitted in the reception area to allow for 2 meter physical distancing. Please respect others’ physical space and privacy.
All hospital staff will continue to be masked, and likewise, a properly fitted mask is required to enter the hospital and must remain in place for the duration of the visit. You will be asked to remain within the exam room for the duration of the consultation, and will be asked to return your pet to the vehicle and wait there until check out can be completed. We recognize that some clients will still prefer to be served “curbside” and we are happy to accommodate. So we may schedule accordingly, we ask that you decide upon “curbside”, or “in-person” service at the time of making your appointment. Likewise, we reserve the right to continue curbside service for certain appointments (outpatient procedures, rechecks, prolonged sick visits, and emergencies) to manage the numbers of persons in the hospital at one time.
Some other ways we are making this Phase 3 work:
– We continue to sanitize – hands and hospital surfaces, between patients and clients.
– We make available hand sanitizer for our customers.
– We offer options of etransfer or contactless point of sale (tap) for payment.
– We are requesting that clients continue to call ahead to order refills or supplies or to make appointments, (902)532-7387, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
– We have launched an online shopping platform (EBoutique) which allows our clients to access our virtual retail space to shop for things like pet food, grooming supplies, toys and more! Clients may have their purchases shipped to their door, or, choose free shipping and pick up curbside from our hospital!
-We are respectful of Public Health directives as they evolve – at work, as well as in our personal lives. At this time our entire team has each received their first vaccine.
Phase 3 reopening is not as easy as flinging open the doors, as you might expect, and we are still working on the “logistics” of Phase 3, with 4 primary goals in mind:
~ COVID Safety
~Efficiency (shorter times in direct contact)
~ Awesome patient (and client) care!
We ask for your help in reaching these goals, and will be emailing a questionnaire to you in advance of your appointment. We’d appreciate it very much if you would respond with your answers prior to your appointment! Thank you in advance!
For those without email, a CareTeam member will call you in advance of the appointment to conduct the questionnaire – thank you also in advance, for taking time to speak with us!
We ask that if you are feeling unwell, please reschedule your pet’s appointment, if you cannot have another individual take your place. Please reschedule if you answer, “YES”, to any of the following COVID screening questions:
- Have you had any COVID symptoms in the past 2 weeks?
- Have you conducted non-essential travel, outside Nova Scotia, in the past 2 weeks?
- Are you currently in self isolation as advised by NS Public Health?
Regardless of having a vet appointment or picking up preordered items, please call (902)532-7387 after you have safely parked in one of our four reserved parking spaces, to announce your arrival.
Picking up an EBoutique purchase? Please call (902)532-7387 after you have safely parked in one of our four reserved parking spaces, to announce your arrival for curbside delivery to your vehicle!
This phase of reopening is exciting and welcomed for sure. It is a little daunting to shift gears once again, and get it right. We have carefully crafted our schedule to work as efficiently as possible, but recognize with emergencies, or unexpected concerns, we may not always run on schedule. We may have to schedule longer appointment times (translation: see fewer patients in a day), if we are unable to keep a reasonable schedule. That would be unfortunate for all the critters sakes’.
Thank you for your patience on this journey with us. I will be especially excited when hugging will be permitted again. We’ll get there…I know it!
Jody Cunningham, DVM
June 4th, 2021